Welcome to the Law Office of Ann Sullivan-Mediator & Attorney:
Attorney Sullivan provides knowledgeable, experienced and compassionate legal representation and dispute resolution services. Her goal is to provide her client with the best possible outcome at the most reasonable cost.
Born in Arlington, Massachusetts, where she currently lives, Attorney Sullivan is a lifelong resident of Boston and the Greater Boston area. She obtained her law degree from Northeastern University Law School in 1983. For over 25 years she has practiced law in the District, Housing, Superior and Appellate Courts in Massachusetts and before a variety of administrative agencies. Attorney Sullivan has mediated cases since 1992. Please email or call (617) 461-7331 for a complimentary consultation.
Areas of Practice:
- Legal Representation: Civil matters including Family Law, Landlord/Tenant, Consumer Protection, Anti-Discrimination and Reasonable Accommodations for Persons with Disabilities;
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Including mediation, arbitration and collaborative methods for resolving disputes in areas including separation/divorce, child custody/support, will contests, landlord/tenant, family disputes, elder issues, cohabitation, same sex couples and businesses;
- Public and Assisted Housing: Attorney Sullivan was the Assistant General Counsel and Staff Attorney for the Cambridge Housing Authority for 14 years and has experience with every aspect of public and assisted housing law, policy and practice. Her services include development of policy and procedure, research, training staff and tenants, lease enforcement, lease termination, grievances, summary process cases and appeals, filing and appeal of denied applications for public and assisted housing and requests for reasonable accommodations.
- Training, Investigation and Consultation: Attorney Sullivan is an experienced trainer in Fair Housing Law, State and Federal Anti-Discrimination Law and in Public and Assisted Housing Law. She has also investigated numerous claims of sexual harassment for employers.
- MCAD Remedial Training, Internal Investigations & Accommodations: Attorney Sullivan has over 10 years experience as the ADA Coordinator and Sexual Harrassment Officer/Investigator for the Cambridge Housing Authority. Attorney Sullivan is eligible to provide the following:
- MCAD-ordered remedial training;
- Internal Investigation of discrimination complaints
- Assistance to employers with the accommodation process